- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, large slices (or wedges )
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- TO PREPARE PINEAPPLE:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange the pineapple on a broiler tray and sprinkle the top with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the pineapple is lightly browned.
- Turn the pineapple over, sprinkle with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture, and broil for 5 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Place the broiled pineapple on dessert plates.
- TO PREPARE SAUCE:
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rum and vanilla.
- Spoon the sauce on the pineapple and serve.