Recipe by lazyme
From Burt Wolf's Menu Cookbook, this looks like it would be really yummy.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
So easy to make. I served it not as a dessert but as a side along with recipe#178567#178567 and recipe#373129 We loved this. Made exactly as stated except I cut down the portion of the pineapple and halved the sauce. Had more rum sauce then pineapple but you can never have enough rum sauce MON. I might try this again using water and rum extract for a non-acholic version. But then I do like rum LOL Made for ZWT 5 Caribbean region for team Zaar Chow Hounds
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices fresh pineapple or 6 wedges fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- TO PREPARE PINEAPPLE:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange the pineapple on a broiler tray and sprinkle the top with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the pineapple is lightly browned.
- Turn the pineapple over, sprinkle with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture, and broil for 5 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Place the broiled pineapple on dessert plates.
- 2. TO PREPARE SAUCE: In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, then cook for 3 minutes. Add the rum and vanilla. Spoon the sauce on the pineapple and serve.