Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Burt Wolf's Menu Cookbook, this looks like it would be really yummy.
Make and share this Broiled Pineapple With Rum Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices fresh pineapple or 6 wedges fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- TO PREPARE PINEAPPLE:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange the pineapple on a broiler tray and sprinkle the top with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the pineapple is lightly browned.
- Turn the pineapple over, sprinkle with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture, and broil for 5 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Place the broiled pineapple on dessert plates.
- 2. TO PREPARE SAUCE: In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, then cook for 3 minutes. Add the rum and vanilla. Spoon the sauce on the pineapple and serve.
Review of rum sauce only: great recipe, I thought I had burned, trying to cook off some of the alcohol, but it's lovely. I added 2 tbsp whipped cream to make it creamier, as I want to serve over my Christmas pudding.
***This review is for the sauce only*** OMG....sooooo good. We had this over baked ham steaks, served with dippy eggs and cheddar filled crescent rolls (breakfast for dinner). I made the sauce as directed (used Whaler's Vanilla Rum, that's what I had on hand), cooked off alcohol a bit and added fresh chunked pineapple to it after cooking was completed. The possibilites for this sauce are endless. Ice cream, cheesecake, pancakes, waffles, ham....this was phenomenal. My husband & 4 year old daughter loved "dinner" tonight! Thanks for the post!
So easy to make. I served it not as a dessert but as a side along with Coconut Lime Rice#178567 and Jamaican Jerk Pork We loved this. Made exactly as stated except I cut down the portion of the pineapple and halved the sauce. Had more rum sauce then pineapple but you can never have enough rum sauce MON. I might try this again using water and rum extract for a non-acholic version. But then I do like rum LOL Made for ZWT 5 Caribbean region for team Zaar Chow Hounds