Recipe by Monica in PA
LUSCIOUS! I was looking for a recipe to use up some dark rum that we bought in Punta Cana and this was a hit. Great served with ice cream, pound cake, or angel food cake.
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored,and cut crosswise into 1 inch slices
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place pineapple slices in large metal baking pan.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle over pineapple.
- Broil fruit four inches from the heat till tender and carmelized.
- Remove from heat and place on serving platter, reserving all juices.
- Stir in vanilla and rum into reserved juices and heat over low heat and scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon until mixture is thick.
- Spoon over pineapple and serve warm.