Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled,pitted and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 drops almond extract (optional, but good - careful not to use too much)
- 4 teaspoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
- 2 shortbread or 2 butter cookies, crumbled (about ¼ cup)
- heavy cream
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, toss together the peaches, the lemon juice, extract (if using), cinnamon and 1 tblsp of the brown sugar.
- Empty into a buttered, ovenproof baking dish large enough to hold the peaches in one layer.
- Broil the mixture about 6 inches from the preheated broiler for 5-7 minutes, or until the peaches are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar, butter and cookie crumbs and sprinkle over peaches.
- Broil 1-2 minutes longer, or until topping is pale golden.
- Divide between 2 dishes and serve with the cream.
Very good dessert!! easy to make and quick. I had no almond extract so I used lemon also used lemon shortbread cookies. Quite delicious and impressive. Great guest dessert, enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing.
This was really, really good. I used white peaches and almond shortbread cookies. I did use the almond extract but didn't have a lemon so I subbed lime juice. Its very easy to make and very easy to eat.:o) I didn't serve it with the ice cream, as I thought it was good enough to stand alone. To me,it was a very easy way to get the flavors of peach cobbler in less than 1/4 the time. Whenever the BF uses the words, "this is very good," its a keeper in my house. Thanks for posting!