Recipe by jonesies
Fabulous, warm yummy tomatoes. Great as a side dish for almost any entree. Low in calories and so good for you!!
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes in half. Using small spoon, remove seed. Place tomato halves on a broiler pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the oil, garlic and pepper. Brush combination over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until crumbs are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.