Recipe by crazycookinmama
These warm and juicy tomatoes are divine!!!This recipe comes from "The All New Good Housekeeping CookBook". This is fast, and very savory. The parmesan cheese is the best texture to this nice and soft tomato.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 small ripe plum tomatoes, each cut lengthwise in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. In 1 quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook until golden; remove from heat.
- Spread parmesan on waxed paper. Dip cut side of each tomato in melted-butter mixture, then in parmesan; place, cheese side up, on rack in broiling pan. Sprinkle any remaining parmesan on top; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture.
- Place pan in broiler at closest position to heat source. Broil until parmesan is golden, 3 to 4 minutes.