You'll love this fish recipe! I have also made this with other meaty fish fillets too, works well with basa fillets also!
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Grease a broiler pan, then line with foil and grease the foil slightly.
- In a small bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add in all the remaining seasonings and salt if using; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan (you sprinkle salt on fish but it is not necessary).
- Broil a few inches from the heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and broil a couple minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cover them with the Parmesan mixture on the top side only.
- Return to oven and broil for about 2 minutes more or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily (do not overcook the fish!).