Recipe by IAKnight
An easy, tasty and relatively healthy Tilapia recipe that is a quick main dish.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I make tilapia pretty regularly because it's one of DH's favorite types of fish, so I wanted to try this out for a change. We enjoyed it, but we still prefer my usual preparation (a variation on the Veracruz theme). I would make this again, but I think I would season the fish fillets a bit before adding the topping -- I had really large tilapia, and the fish itself seemed a bit bland underneath all that flavorful topping. I served this with some broiled asparagus and Mexican rice, so a nice dinner all around. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 907.18 g tilapia fillets (8)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 28.39 ml softened margarine or 28.39 ml butter
- 44.37 ml light mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Broiler.
- Place filets on foil lined broiler pan in a single layer.
- Mix all existing ingredients together in bowl with whisk until well blended.
- Broil filets a few inches from broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip filets and broil another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip filets again and cover each with Parmesan mixture, and broil until the mixture starts to brown. Do not overcook fish!