Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These oysters are luscious!! Great appy or do lots and make a meal out of them with a salad, actually you should make lots anyway, they go very fast as an appy!
- Drain oysters or shuck and save deep shell side.
- Place drained oysters in a shallow buttered pan.
- Or place shucked oysters on shell with some of saved liquor.
- Whisk together, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne (just a few grains),and paprika.
- Pour mixture over oysters, either panned or shucked.
- If doing on half shell, place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place pan or cookie sheet under broiler until the oysters are plump, about 5 minutes, do not overcook.
- Serve immediately, with parsley sprinkled over and lemon slices.
- Serve panned oysters on hot buttered toast, toast should be crisp, great appy.
- Served on half shell makes a great first course for a dinner party, Place 2, even 3 on each shell.
Really succulent. Oysters with a very unique flavor.
Another keeper. I cooked large sea scallops with the oysters. I think next time I will give the scallops a head start due to the different cooking times. Thanks!
Loved this! Puts a new twist on an old favorite! :) Simple to prepare, unique flavor, and I used a fat free butter spray in place of the real thing, and it was fantastic!