Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a very quick, light and nutritious vegetable dish, best served with hot meals - so easy it's hard to believe it is also really yummy. Not terribly conducive to large groups.
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried, crushed oregano
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Slice off top 1/2 inch of tomato.
- Spread butter/ margarine over top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Place on small square of aluminum foil and.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or till cheese bubbles.
- Serve hot.
Made & reviewed this for the Oregano challenge of World Tour 2006. It was simple and tasty; went well as a side dish with dinner. The only change I made was to up the Parmesan and add about a tbsp. of Mozzarella to each tomato I used.