Recipe by Philip and Karen Selwyn
Here's one recipe which calls for Orange Roughy explicitly. However, you can use Orange Roughy with any recipe calling for mild white fish.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons spicy tomato salsa (can be store bought)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (low-fat if desired)
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 6 orange roughy fillets (1/3 to 1/2 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and mix.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Place the fillets on a broiler pan and spread half the glaze mixture on top.
- Broil the fish about 3 inches from the heat for 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Turn the fish over carefully, using a spatula, and spread with the remaining glaze mixture. Return to the broiler and broil about 3 minutes more until bubbly and well browned.
- Be careful not to let the fish burn.
- Using a large spatula, remo ve the fish from the broiler pan, taking care not to break the pieces.
- Place the fish on serving dishes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- ADVANCE PREPARATION: Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead through step 1, covered and refrigerated.