Recipe by spatchcock
Created this last night in the (desperate) phase one of the South Beach Diet. TERRIFIC fish, I love orange roughy anyway, but this was really yummy! Cooking times and amounts are very much approximated, as I am reconstructing this based on my memory of preparing it last night. Also, you may substitute any white fish in place of orange roughy.
- 4 (6 ounce) orange roughy fillets or 4 (6 ounce) other delicate white fish fillets
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 -3 tablespoons fines herbes (or a combination of parsley, chervil, chives and tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, more if you wish
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (or serve with lemon wedges)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven's broiler.
- Place orange roughy fillets in a roasting pan and rub with kosher salt and oil.
- You may also wish to spray bottom of pan with nonstick cooking spray, or use more oil, to keep fish from sticking.
- Sprinkle paprika and herbs evenly on fish.
- Sprinkle zest on fish.
- You may add more zest if you wish.
- Broil fish for 4 minutes; check for doneness.
- If not done, continue broiling until completely opaque and fish flakes easily.
- sprinkle with lemon juice or serve with lemon wedges.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper as well.