Recipe by PanNan
This recipe is adapted from Perfect Greek a collection of essential recipes. You can broil the chicken or grill on the back yard barbecue. Note: The times indicated do not include marinating time of at least 2 hours.
- 4 chicken quarters
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick the skin of the chicken quarters all over with a fork. Place the chicken in a zip bag and add the lemon juice, oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Reserve the zest for garnishing later.
- Close the bag and shake and squish contents to mix well and coat the chicken. Let rest in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler or barbecue. Baste chicken with marinade periodically and broil or grill at least 30 - 40 minutes, or until done (the juices will run clear when pierced with a skewer).
- Serve hot, with lemon zest sprinkled over the chicken.