Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite meals. The flavors of fresh veggies with melted mozzarella and pesto just hit the spot! The ingredients are just guidelines, and I'm always adding whatever veggies I have on hand.
- 4 slices sourdough bread (or bread of choice)
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced and roasted (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly toast your bread in a toaster or under the broiler.
- Combine pesto and mayonaise in a small bowl. Spread this mixture on one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer all of the veggies on the bread (veggies not listed can be used as well.) Crush one clove of garlic over each sandwich. Place one slice of mozzarella on top of each sandwich.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and put under the broiler until cheese melts and starts to brown (only a couple of minutes).
- Remove and eat warm!