Recipe by Sharon123
In the fall, check out your local produce markets for fresh mushrooms. Shiitakes are great, and oyster mushrooms work well in the this recipe too! Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook.
Top Review by Porfavorcorona
Quick and simple, yet tasty! I will try again different with seasonings! Very nice "starter recipe" with many possible variations. Thanks for posting and one I'll be making again!
- 1 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms (try a mix!) or 1 lb oyster mushroom, stems removed (try a mix!)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler. Clean the mushroom caps with a damp paper towel. Save the stems for stock or to flavor sauces.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice,the garlic, 3 tablespoons of the parsley, and the oil and pepper. Mix well.
- Line a 17x11" jelly roll pan with foil. Arrange the mushrooms,top side up, on the foil, and brush generously with the lemon juice mixture.
- Place the mushrooms 4 inches from the heat and broil until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle the mushrooms with the remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp of parsley, and pepper to taste.