Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is very good to use for a first course at dinner. It is also very easy.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 12 slices crusty French bread (Or You Can Use More)
- Preheat your broiler.
- Grease 6 small individual baking dishes with about 1 tbsp oil; set aside.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 6 equal slices and put them in the dishes.
- Pour cold water into each of the dishes and then, holding the cheese in the dish, pour off the water.
- Put the dishes in the oven about 6 inches away from the heat.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, and watch it until it is golden brown and bubbly but doesn't burn.
- Take out and sprinkle each dish with 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp mint.
- Serve immediately with the bread to scoop up the melted cheese.