Recipe by dicentra
From Real Simple. (I am guessing on the amount of molasses... the original recipe said "2 molasses") I will update after I try the recipe.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch swiss chard, roughly chopped (stems trimmed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, pound to an even thickness, and place on a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, molasses, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the jerk seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons water.
- Brush the chicken with some of the glaze. Broil, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, about 9 minutes. Discard the remaining glaze.
- Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with the garlic. Broil until crisp, 1 1/2 minutes. Slice the bread crosswise.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the chard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Divide the chicken, chard, and bread among individual plates.