This is an excellent way to cook fish. If you don't want to use the Sea bass, then try any type of fish you like. As long as it will hold up well as you are broiling it. The Chilean sea bass has always been my favorite, it hold up better and has a better taste then any other type of fish that I have used in the past.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chilean sea bass fillets, 6 oz each
- 1 1/2 cups light miso
- 1 1/2 cups sake
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ginger, fresh, peeled & minced
- 1/4 cup extra light virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1Place fish fillets in a large food storage bag or bowl; set aside.
- 2To make your marinade.
- 3Combine miso, sake, sugar, ginger & olive oil in a medium bowl.
- 4Add marinade to the sea bass; seal and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 5Then to make your Mango vanilla sauce.
- 6Puree the peeled, diced mango, melted butter, whipping cream, vanilla extract, salt & pepper to taste in a blender.
- 7Refrigerate this sauce until ready to use.
- 8Place a baking pan on a rack positioned in the center of the oven.
- 9Heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat baking pan about 10 minutes.
- 10Remove pan; spray with cooking spray.
- 11Remove fillets from the marinade, place onto the baking pan.
- 12Heat broiler and broil fillets until cooked through and top is beginning to look crusty and charred, about 8-10 minutes.
- 13Remove fillets from oven; then transfer to a plate.
- 14Spoon about 2 Tblsp. of your prepared Mango Vanilla Sauce over your fish.
- 15Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Miso Sea Bass
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.8
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 251.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: