Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice for a special occasion.
- 1892.0 ml water
- 29.58 ml salt
- 2 (453.59 g) frozen lobster tails
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml butter
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml hot sauce
- In large saucepan, heat water and salt to boiling.
- Add frozen lobster tails; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until done, about 12 minutes.
- Wearing a clean oven mitt or using a potholder, hold and cut down sides of lobster tails with kitchen scissors to remove thin undershell covering the meat.
- To prevent tails from curling, insert long metal skewer from meat side through tail to shell side, then back through shell and meat at opposite end.
- Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees.
- Place tails meat side up on rack in broiler pan, brush with butter.
- Broil with tops 3 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes. Alternatively, they can be placed over a hot grill/barbecue for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Butter.
- Lemon Butter:.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley.
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce.
- Melt butter, add remaining ingredients.
Fantastic! I too had a bit of a problem with the hot shells so I did run them under a little cold water while I snipped them. I did not get rid of the liquid though I saved it for seafood broth. It is fantastic for rice, potatoes and other dishes you would normally add water to.
I saw that our Publix grocery store had lobster tails on sale for $5.99 each (3 ounces) so decided to try this recipe. I didn't need to cook/simmer mine as long, as it wasn't even half the size, so I cut the whole recipe in half. Loved the lemon butter sauce, delish!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the "Naked Recipe Event" in the photo forum.
Simple recipe but comes out great.