Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A classic and simple chicken dish. This recipe can easily be converted for the grill.
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut in serving pieces
- Heat broiler and position rack 3- 4 inches from heat source.
- Squeeze 1 tbsp lemon juice into a large bowl.
- Crush rosemary between fingers and combine with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in oil.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Marinate while broiler preheats or longer if desired.
- Arrange chicken on broiler pan.
- Broil until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
- If chicken browns too quickly, lower broiler pan and continue cooking til done.
This was a good, simple dish. I served it with leilani's Baked Asparagus, and we had a lovely healthy meal. The simple things are always the best!
This was a wonderful, simple preparation for chicken. My husband raved about the meat and the skin, which is rare for him. My only complaint was that the seasoning was very faint - I wouldn't change it, though, just serve with a seasoned vegetable instead of plain.
Great idea. I juiced 1 lemon in my juicer and added the other ingredients. It had a nice lemony bite which I loved.