Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: Canadian Living.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets (such as catfish or tilapia)
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lemon wedge
- Arrange fish in single layer on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon rind, pepper and salt. Spread over fish.
- Broil until golden brown and flaky, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over top.
This was tasty and easy. I was not sure whether broil meant on high or low setting so I did half and then added 4 minutes to the cooking time just to be safe. Turned out nice a moist, would make it again.
Loved it, it was so simple. When using the broiler, best to use a broiler pan. I had to make a pan switch mid way, because the pan got too hot and warped, sending the fish to one corner. I also had to substitute lemon rind with lemon juice. I also dipped the fish (haddock) in the mayo blend, and sprinkled with bread crumbs. It was great.
I used orange peel instead, and put thin orange slices on the top of the fish. I also used a little lemon pepper seasoning in the mayo mixture instead of the cracked pepper. It is a great addition to my cook book!