Recipe by MizzNezz
This has a zingy, lemon taste. I often make this in the summer on the grill also.
Top Review by Sharon123
I really meant to marinate the chicken breasts before I left for work this morning, but I forgot. Sooooo...when I got home I basted the chicken with the marinade while I broiled, then poured the drippings over the chicken and served. Yumdiddlyicious! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 lemons, wedged
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound breasts to flatten slightly.
- Squeeze lemon juice into plastic bag; toss in the lemon wedges.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken in bag; turn to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken; discard marinade.
- Broil, 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes; turn and broil an additional 5-8 minutes, until juices run clear.