Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is what I call adult finger food. I made this up one evening after the grocery store had these huge shrimp on sale in a tank.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. With a sharp knife, remove tails from prawns and butterfly them from the underside. Arrange prawns on broiler pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic and lemon juice. Pour 1/4 butter mixture in a small bowl and brush onto prawns. Sprinkle all the prawns with parmesan cheese.
- Place broiler pan on top rack and broil prawns for 4-5 minutes or until done. Serve with remaining butter mixture for dipping.
Mmmmmm. Finger licking good! I used 16/20 shrimp and served it as a main dish with some mashed potatoes and avocado/tomato salad. We used the leftover butter mixture to top the shrimp and potatoes :-) Delicious! Thank you.
WOW!!! This is so good and very easy! I couldn't find tiger shrimp so used the biggest they had at the store. Still turned out great. I am going looking for the bigger shrimp next time. Just the right combination of garlic, lemon and cheese. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.