Recipe by Oolala
This is an easy and quick dish made with canned pear halves. I copied from a co-worker about 13 years ago.
For the pears
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, can use margarine
- 1 large lemon, juice of, can use 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- mint jelly (optional)
For the Lamb
- 8 lamb chops, enough for 4 sevings
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season lamb chops and place on a boiler pan.
- Arrange pear halves, cut side up in an ovenproof dish; or can arrange around the lamb on the broiler pan if desired.
- Mix butter (or margarine), lemon juice and mint in a small bowl.
- Brush mixture over the pear halves, reserving mixture.
- Broil chops until done, turning lamb midway through cooking. Check on pears and can baste with the mixture again. Turn pears if you like.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining lemon juice mixture and and serve with the broiled pears and lamb.
- If desired, fill pear halves with mint jelly.