Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 mins
Love that Fannie Farmer!
Make and share this Broiled Kidneys recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb veal kidneys or 1 lb lambs kidney
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Remove the outside membrane from the kidneys.
- Rinse and dry; set to the side.
- Mix remaining ingredients well.
- Slice the kidneys crosswise in three slices (for lamb) or five slices (for veal), place them in a shallow dish and pour marinade over the top; cover and let stand in the refrigerator for one hour.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water.
- Preheat the broiler, thread the kidneys onto the skewers, and place three inches below the broiler element.
- Cook briefly (only a minute or two) on each side until slightly browned.
- Serve hot.