Recipe by Mercy
Using the skillet and the broiler is a technique that my brother developed. It cooks both sides at once. It is quick, tasty and simple.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
Absolutely super and easy. They release a lot of liquid in the oven, but removed with a slotted spoon, they're perfect as a side dish or if small enough, as a one-bite appetizer. Thanks Mercy!
- 16 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, chop the stems and add to the spaghetti sauce.
- Hollow out the mushroom caps and fill with a little of the sauce.
- Top each cap with the mozzarella cheese and then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Heat the olive oil and rosemary on the stovetop in an ovenproof skillet.
- Place the mushroom caps in the hot rosemary-infused oil.
- Immediately place the skillet under the oven broiler and cook until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the mushrooms are done.