Recipe by Concoctionista
A seasoned potato similar to french fries. I use a sugar water mixture to soak the potatoes first becuase I've heard that this is a trick to great french fried potatoes.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 cup water (Or enough water to cover potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose french fry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 dash steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and wash potatoes.
- Cut into steak fry size portions.
- Combine sugar and water.
- Place potatoes in bowl and cover in sugar water mixture.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Add potatoes, seasoning and oil into large ziplock bag or plastic bag.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour back in sugar water bowl.
- Microwave mixture on baked potato setting or 7 minutes on high.
- Pour onto cookie sheet in one layer.
- bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until browned or on broil setting in toaster oven. This is how I like them.