1/8 Photos of Broiled Herb Chicken With Lemon Butter Sauce
When I saw this recipe in the April 2006 issue of Southern Living, I simply had to try it. It looks like you spent a lot of time preparing it, but the recipe actually cooks up very quickly. Serve with potatoes or rice and a salad...voila, dinner is ready in about 40 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a small bowl, combine the salt, oregano, garlic powder, lemon pepper, paprika and red pepper.
- 2Cover a roasting pan with foil and place a rack in it; lightly spray the rack with cooking spray.
- 3Skin side down, place the chicken on the rack.
- 4Sprinkle the chicken with 2 t of the seasoning mixture.
- 5Making sure your oven rack is about 7-8" from the heat, broil the chicken until golden brown (about 12-15 minutes).
- 6Turn the chicken pieces over and sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture.
- 7Broil about 8-10 more minutes, or until chicken is done.
- 8Lemon Butter Sauce: Combine the melted butter, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- 9Mix well and add in the parsley.
- 10Spoon a small amount of sauce over each piece of chicken when served.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Herb Chicken With Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.6
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 278.2 mg
- Sodium 896.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 63.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: