Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I've prepared the recipe and tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. I used soft hoagie sandwich rolls. We really enjoyed this and hope you will too!
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 sandwich buns or 6 -8 rolls, split, toasted and buttered
- 8 ounces cooked ham, diced very small
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- Toast the bun halves; remove from oven and spread a thin layer of butter on each half.
- Set aside the top halves of the buns but keep them warm.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Spread each bun with about 1/4 c of the ham and egg mixture (or more according to your taste).
- Broil about 5 inches from the heat source until hot and cheese has melted; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and replace top halves of buns on the filling; serve hot.
- Number of servings will depend on how much filling you put on each bun.
Very good. I made these for lunch today. I halved the recipe and used whole wheat english muffins. Otherwise I made as directed. Great alternative to plain old egg salad sandwiches. Thanks for posting.