Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very low in fat, very high in flavor. Use halibut or the firm fleshed fish of your choice.
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/4 -inch wide strips
- 1 zucchini, small, cut into 2-inch by 1/4 -inch strips
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (cremini or white)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine vinegar, honey, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Place fish in a glass dish or plastic bag, spoon 3 tablespoons vinegar mixture over fish; seal bag or cover dish, turn to coat well and marinate 15 minutes.
- Reserve remaining vinegar mixture.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain fish and place on broiler pan; broil 5 minutes, turn and broil 3 minutes or just until fish is done and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add vegetables and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Pour reserved vinegar mixture over vegetables and heat to boil; boil 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Arrange vegetables and sauce on serving plate.
- Top with fish, then spoon sauce over top of fish.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Very good and easy supper. We served the fish and vegetables separately. This was an interesting change from our usual fish dinner. Thanks for sharing!