Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very low in fat, very high in flavor. Use halibut or the firm fleshed fish of your choice.
Make and share this Broiled Halibut With Thai Stir Fry Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/4 -inch wide strips
- 1 zucchini, small, cut into 2-inch by 1/4 -inch strips
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (cremini or white)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine vinegar, honey, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Place fish in a glass dish or plastic bag, spoon 3 tablespoons vinegar mixture over fish; seal bag or cover dish, turn to coat well and marinate 15 minutes.
- Reserve remaining vinegar mixture.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain fish and place on broiler pan; broil 5 minutes, turn and broil 3 minutes or just until fish is done and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add vegetables and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Pour reserved vinegar mixture over vegetables and heat to boil; boil 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Arrange vegetables and sauce on serving plate.
- Top with fish, then spoon sauce over top of fish.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Very good and easy supper. We served the fish and vegetables separately. This was an interesting change from our usual fish dinner. Thanks for sharing!