Recipe by sammos
This is a wonderful, flavorful halibut recipe that I picked up from the South Beach Diet.
- 1⁄4 cup miso, shiro (sweet white miso paste)
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut steaks, cut into 4 melallions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 medium lime (to garnish)
- 1 pickled ginger (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Line a heavy baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly oil foal or coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place halibut on prepared baaking sheet and brush tops with half the miso glaze. Broil 3-4 inches from the flame until golden brown (4-5 minutes).
- Turn over, brush with remaining glaze. Sprinckle sesame seeds on topa nd broil until fish is opaque in the center (3-4 minutes).
- Serve with lime wedges and pickled ginger.