Prep 6 mins
Cook 12 mins
An absolutely succulent fresh halibut dish. Very easy to make and so tasty.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces fresh halibut steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, shallots, dill weed, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and salt; mix well.
- Rinse halibut steaks in cold water and pat dry on paper towels.
- In a 8 inch x 8 inch oven proof casserole dish, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place under the broiler on HIGH heat for about 2 minutes or until the butter has melted.
- Place the halibut steaks in the casserole dish.
- Spread one half the lemon/herb mixture equally over each steak.
- Place under the broiler on HIGH heat and broil for 6 minutes.
- Turn halibut steaks over and spread the remaining lemon/herb mixture evenly over the steaks.
- Continue to broil on HIGH heat for another 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook the fish.
- Serve with cooked basmati brown rice.
- You may also use finely chopped chives or green onions instead of the shallots.