Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Halibut, a mild-flavored white fish, pairs deliciously with this zesty tomato-garlic salsa. Seafood lovers will rave about this recipe.
- vegetable oil
- 2 lbs halibut fillets (Alternatives -- Cod, Haddock, Red Snapper)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- tomato-garlic salsa (See Below)
- Lightly oil rack in broiler pan.
- Rinse halibut and pat dry withh paper towels; place fish fillets on the prepared rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, salt, pepper, dill weed, garlic, wine and lemon zest. Brush half of this mixture over the fish.
- Set the oven to broil (550 degrees F.).
- Broil fillets about 4 inches from heat until light brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the fish fillets and brush with the remaining butter mixture. Fillets should flake easily, but remain moist. Approximately 4 or 5 minutes longer.
- Serve broiled halibut filets dressed with the Tomato-Garlic Salsa over rice, lime wedges, and a fresh garden salad.
- TOMATO-GARLIC SALSA:.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped.
- 1 serrano chili or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced.
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely snipped.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon lime zest.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (rub between fingers to waken flavor).
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.