Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Halibut, a mild-flavored white fish, pairs deliciously with this zesty tomato-garlic salsa. Seafood lovers will rave about this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil
- 2 lbs halibut fillets (Alternatives -- Cod, Haddock, Red Snapper)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- tomato-garlic salsa (See Below)
- 1Lightly oil rack in broiler pan.
- 2Rinse halibut and pat dry withh paper towels; place fish fillets on the prepared rack.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the butter, salt, pepper, dill weed, garlic, wine and lemon zest. Brush half of this mixture over the fish.
- 4Set the oven to broil (550 degrees F.).
- 5Broil fillets about 4 inches from heat until light brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- 6Carefully flip the fish fillets and brush with the remaining butter mixture. Fillets should flake easily, but remain moist. Approximately 4 or 5 minutes longer.
- 7Serve broiled halibut filets dressed with the Tomato-Garlic Salsa over rice, lime wedges, and a fresh garden salad.
- 8TOMATO-GARLIC SALSA:.
- 92 cloves garlic, minced.
- 102 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- 111/2 cup scallions, chopped.
- 121 serrano chili or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced.
- 131 tablespoon cilantro, finely snipped.
- 141 1/2 tablespoons lime juice.
- 151 tablespoon lime zest.
- 161/2 teaspoon dried oregano (rub between fingers to waken flavor).
- 171 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Halibut With a Zesty Tomato-Garlic Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 340.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 40.7 g