Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Oh we love fish cooked this way, if you don't want to broil just adjust the time and bake.
- 4 halibut steaks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 -5 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine the above marinade ingredients in a non metallic container.
- Marinate halibut steaks in this mixture for an hour, turning the halibut steaks after 30 minutes to ensure they are marinated equally on both sides.
- Remove from the marinade and let excess marinade drain off of steaks.
- Place the halibut steaks on a broiler pan, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Place the pan about 4 inches underneath the broiler element.
- Broil about 10 minutes per inch of thickness measured at the thickest part, or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- This dish may be garnished with lemon wedges and a small parsley sprig.
This came out wonderful. I tweaked it a little. I added two large minced garlic cloves instead of one, and almost a full tbsp of ginger and honey. I broiled the halibut on a broiling pan, but I lined the top of the pan with foil and made a little bowl with 1/4" sides to allow for a bit of the marinate to broil with it. I also buttered the bottom of the foil and put about 1 tbsp of butter bits on top of the fish to help it cook. Finally I poured a little bit of the marinade inside the foil bowl I made and broiled it as recommended. My wife and I loved it! Thx for posting!