Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Oh we love fish cooked this way, if you don't want to broil just adjust the time and bake.
Make and share this Broiled Halibut recipe from Food.com.
- 4 halibut steaks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 -5 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine the above marinade ingredients in a non metallic container.
- Marinate halibut steaks in this mixture for an hour, turning the halibut steaks after 30 minutes to ensure they are marinated equally on both sides.
- Remove from the marinade and let excess marinade drain off of steaks.
- Place the halibut steaks on a broiler pan, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Place the pan about 4 inches underneath the broiler element.
- Broil about 10 minutes per inch of thickness measured at the thickest part, or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- This dish may be garnished with lemon wedges and a small parsley sprig.
This came out wonderful. I tweaked it a little. I added two large minced garlic cloves instead of one, and almost a full tbsp of ginger and honey. I broiled the halibut on a broiling pan, but I lined the top of the pan with foil and made a little bowl with 1/4" sides to allow for a bit of the marinate to broil with it. I also buttered the bottom of the foil and put about 1 tbsp of butter bits on top of the fish to help it cook. Finally I poured a little bit of the marinade inside the foil bowl I made and broiled it as recommended. My wife and I loved it! Thx for posting!