Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another excellent fish recipe with a different twist on the topping! Once again, the topping can be used on almost any firm white fish you favor. Quick and Easy...that's my game in the summer!!
- 1 lb haddock fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place fillets on lightly greased broiler pan.
- Brush fillets lightly with oil.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and parmesan cheese.
- Spread on fillets.
- Broil 4" from heat approximately 10 minutes.
- per inch of thickenss or until fish is close to point of flakiness.
Unbelieveable, but I recommend these changes. Bake 400 degrees for 10mins and then add the topping and broil on low for 8-10min. I substituted honey mustard for 50/50 regular and spicy brown. Add green onion and powdered garlic to the sauce if you have it. And lastly, the best part, top with crunchy french onions. Serve with jasmine rice.
My (gas) broiler has 2 settings, low and high. I cooked this 4 inches from flame on low, but the topping scorched. I cooked it again with the rack one position lower, kept an eye on it and shut off the broiler at 8 minutes, letting it sit in oven last 2 minutes. It was perfect.
We made some changes to this. Without the changes, I probably would have ranked it a four. We added finely chopped tomato and chopped fresh basil to the sauce. It was delicious.