Prep 48 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT3. Note: prep time includes refrigerating for 2 days.
Make and share this Broiled Gravlax With Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) salmon fillets
- 1 bunch dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons dill weed, minced
- Place half of fish (1 fillet), skin side down, in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange dill weed on fish.
- Mix sugar, salt and peppercorns.
- Sprinkle evenly over dill weed.
- Top with other half of fish, skin side up. Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Weight fish with 2 or 3 unopened cans. Refrigerate, turning fish every 12 hours, for 2 days.
- Pour off all liquid as it accumulates around fish.
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Remove dill weed; pat fish dry.
- Cut fish into serving pieces.
- Broil skin side down with tops about 4 inches from heat until fish flakes easily with fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To prepare mustard sauce (with last 6 ingredients):.
- Beat all ingredients except dill weed with wire whisk.
- Stir in dill weed.