Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Interesting twist on grapefruit
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large pink grapefruit
- Preheat broiler.
- In an electric coffee/spice grinder combine sugar, ginger, and vanilla and grind fine.
- Halve each grapefruit crosswise and run knife around each section to loosen membranes.
- Arrange grapefruits, cut sides-up, in a flameproof baking dish or baking pan just large enough to hold them in one layer and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Broil grapefruits about 1 1/2 inches from heat until sugar melts and tops begin to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve grapefruits at room temperature.