Recipe by Lainey6605
I love grapefruit and this makes a yummy breakfast for me. This is from Fine Cooking.
Top Review by Cinnamon Turtle
Delicious. I love grapefruit and cardamom, so I had to give this a try. I've tried both honey and sugar. I like it a little better with sugar, but I'm not a huge fan of honey. Thanks for the healthy breakfast, snack, dessert idea.
Directions See How It's Made
- Position an oven rack about 4 inches below the broiler and heat the broiler on high.
- With a serrated knife, cut the grapefruit in even halves.
- Using a small paring knife or a grapefruit knife, cut each section away from the surrounding membrane.
- Set the grapefruit halves in a shallow broiler-safe pan (such as an enameled baking dish or a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet).
- If necessary, trim a thin slice off their bottoms so they sit level.
- In small bowl, stir together the honey and the vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the grapefruit halves.
- Dust each with a bit of cardamom.
- Broil until bubbling and lightly browned in spots, 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.