1/6 Photos of Broiled Grapefruit With Honey, Vanilla & Cardamom
I love grapefruit and this makes a yummy breakfast for me. This is from Fine Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position an oven rack about 4 inches below the broiler and heat the broiler on high.
- 2With a serrated knife, cut the grapefruit in even halves.
- 3Using a small paring knife or a grapefruit knife, cut each section away from the surrounding membrane.
- 4Set the grapefruit halves in a shallow broiler-safe pan (such as an enameled baking dish or a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet).
- 5If necessary, trim a thin slice off their bottoms so they sit level.
- 6In small bowl, stir together the honey and the vanilla extract.
- 7Drizzle the honey mixture over the grapefruit halves.
- 8Dust each with a bit of cardamom.
- 9Broil until bubbling and lightly browned in spots, 4-6 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Grapefruit With Honey, Vanilla & Cardamom
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g