I love grapefruit and this makes a yummy breakfast for me. This is from Fine Cooking.
Make and share this Broiled Grapefruit With Honey, Vanilla & Cardamom recipe from Food.com.
- Position an oven rack about 4 inches below the broiler and heat the broiler on high.
- With a serrated knife, cut the grapefruit in even halves.
- Using a small paring knife or a grapefruit knife, cut each section away from the surrounding membrane.
- Set the grapefruit halves in a shallow broiler-safe pan (such as an enameled baking dish or a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet).
- If necessary, trim a thin slice off their bottoms so they sit level.
- In small bowl, stir together the honey and the vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the grapefruit halves.
- Dust each with a bit of cardamom.
- Broil until bubbling and lightly browned in spots, 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.