Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 grapefruit, halved and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons minced candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat broiler.
- If necessary, cut a small slice from the bottom of each grapefruit half to make sure it sits evenly.
- Put halves in oven-proof dishes.
- Mix Grand Marnier with ginger in a small bowl and spoon over one of the grapefruit halves.
- Mix rum and brown sugar in another small bowl and spoon over the other half.
- Run halves under the broiler for about 5 minutes until the brown lightly.
- Turn once during the cooking.
- Spoon over any excess liquid.
Fabulous, exotic , delicioius. I didn't have Grand Marnier, so used a squeeze of fresh honey tangerine juice. Also added touch of salt and pepper. This went perfectly with our quasi-Caribbean themed meal of MEAN'S Cuban picadillo, black beans, white rice and your delightful recipe. Really want to try this again soon with some Grand Marnier. Thanks for sharing. CG ;)