Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to prepare, great for a winter day breakfast.
- 5 medium pink grapefruit
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- red grapes
- green grape
- Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in a 15 inch x 10 inch, 1 inch baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar, sprinkle over grapefruit. Drizzle with butter. Broil 4 inches from the heat until sugar is bubbly.
- Far garnish, rinse grape clusters and dip in remaining sugar. Place on grapefruit, serve warm.
I have made another recipe close to this one before but without the butter. I found that the butter made the sugars slide off while under the broiler. Made for June's Tag Game ~ El Pomelo ~ The Grapefruit 2012
I love grapefruit and have never broiled it before, and this was really good! You really have to watch this carefully, as the topping takes a while to begin to bubble but once it starts it browns up quickly. I served mine garnished with strawberries as that's what I had on hand. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Made for the October 2008 Think Pink event