Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awsome salad.
- 5 ounces firm round whole goat cheese
- 4 slices French bread
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 ounces mixed salad greens
- fresh chives (to garnish)
For The Dressing
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1. To make dressing rub a large salad bowl with the cut side of the garlic. Combine the mustard vinegar, wine, salt and pepper in a bowl. Wisk in the oil, 1 T. at a time, to form a thick vinaigrette.
- 2. Cut the cheeses in half crossways uning a sharp knife.
- 3. Preheat the broiler to hot. Arrance the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast on one side. Turn overand place a poece of cheese cut side up on each slice. Drizzle with oil and btoil until the cheese is lightly browned on top.
- 4. Place the greens and the dressing in the salad bowl and toss to coat the greens thoroughly. Kivide the salad among four plates, top each with a goat cheese crouton and serve, garnished with chives.