Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great appetizer or side dish. And very simple to make.
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated and divided)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (minced) or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice tomatoes crosswise into 1/2" slices and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, basil, mustard, and garlic.
- Spread about 1 teaspoons mixture over each tomato slice. sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake in oven for about 8 minutes or until hot.
- Set oven to broil.
- Broil tomatoes about 6 inches from heat for 2 - 4 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.