1/1 Photo of Broiled Garlic and Pepper T-Bone, Ala Elswet
8 hrs 7 mins
This recipe is for two  thin, sweet, tender, 1/2" thick T-Bones; about 8 ounces each, including the bone. "ala Elswet" is for the garlic and pepper lovers in the carnivorous kingdom. This is super-easy and tastes SO GOOD! We love it! We hope you love it, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces beef t-bone steaks, store-butcher sliced into thin 1/2-inch steaks (timing will be different for 1-inch steaks!)
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced paper thin, large-jumbo sized cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer, no MSG, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1Oil both steaks well and place into lined broiling pan. Do NOT use rack, or the meat will be dry! Pour remaining oil over steaks and turn steaks over and over to thickly coat.
- 2Halve salt, tenderizer, and pepper equally; sprinkle both steaks, both sides. Halve sliced garlic cloves and place on both sides of both steaks.
- 3Let steaks marinate a minimum of 4 hours [overnight is highly preferred]. Turn steaks over to saturate other side, half way through marination time, if possible, replacing errant garlic slices.
- 4Preheat oven to broil, and broil steaks in broiling pan 4 minutes on top side, flip, and 3 minutes on other side for medium.
- 53 minutes on top side, flip, and 2 minutes on bottom for medium-rare.
- 65 minutes on top side, flip, and 4 minutes on bottom for well.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Garlic and Pepper T-Bone, Ala Elswet
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.4
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 1288.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: