My mom passed away before she could give me her recipe, but I think I got it close. It is a simple way to do a great fish, if your lucky enough to get a whole flounder.
- Heat brolier on high.
- Score the fish in two or three spots on the dark side.
- Melt butter and worcestershire sauce with juce from half a lemon and garlic.
- Rub fish down with salt and pepper on both sides, depending on the size of your fish you might need more or less salt and pepper.
- Put fish under the broiler for 3 minuets.
- Slide the fish out of the broiler and paint it with butter and garlic sauce every minuet or so untill the fish is done. I follow this rule: if you can stick a toothpick into the widest part of the fish, then place the toothpick to your lips and the toothpick is warm, your fish is done.
- When fish is done drizzle with the juice from the other half of your lemon.
- I like putting the whole fish on the table and let everybody digin.
This is a great recipe! Had broiled flounder at a fish camp in Appalachicola, FL once and this is the closest I have ever come to replicating that experience :) Easy and really yummy!