Recipe by littleturtle
Quick Healthy tender steak. Good for family or company; tastes good and pretty presentation. For healthiest version use low-sodium soy sauce. Prep time includes time to marinate. The mustard sauce also goes well with sweet potatoes
- 453.59 g lean flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 22.18 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml honey
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 59.14 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4.92 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Score steak diagonally across the grain at 1" intervals on both sides (in a diamond pattern), and place in a heavy duty zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine vinegar with next 6 ingredients, and pour evenly over meat.
- Seal bag and shake until steak is well coated, and marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt with mustard, cheese and garlic, cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving 2 tbsp marinade.
- Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray, and place steak on the rack.
- Broil 5 1/2" from heat, with door partially open, 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness, basting frequently with marinade.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4" thick slices and serve with mustard sauce.