Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Served with a chilled garlic/sour cream sauce. Easy to make when you don't have time to marinate and want a tasty flank steak.
for the sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
for the steak
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In another small bowl, combine the other ingredients for the steak (except the steak).
- Brush the steak ingredients on one side of the steak and broil 6 inches from the heat, for 10 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and brush the other side with the steak ingredients and broil 6-10 minutes longer, until done to your liking.
- Let meat stand for 5 minutes, after it is done, before thinly slicing the meat across the grain.
- Serve with the chilled sour cream sauce.
Fast and easy for the chef that doesn't plan ahead with the marinade. ;-) made this on the grill and the glaze was perfect. I served it with the sauce adapted a bit skipped the mayo and added about a Tablespoon of cumin and used garlic salt instead of the garlic powder/celery salt combo. We really liked it and I hope to post a photo or 2 soon when we download the pictures next. adding this to my usuals list.