Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best flank steak (london broil) I've ever had. Passed down from my Grandmother, to my Mother, to me.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingrediants with flank steak in shallow container or zip lock and refrigerate for 4 hours or more.
- Broil steak without onions for about 4 minutes (so onions do not burn).
- Turn steak after 4 minutes and cover steak with onion mixture.
- Broil to desired temperature.
- Let steak cool for about 4 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain.
- Serve sliced with onions.
Made this for our Sunday dinner and it was awesome!! Used just one teaspoon of Italian seasoning instead of the basil and rosemary, otherwise made exactly as written. We really enjoyed this. Thanks so much for this keeper of a recipe. Will definitely make many more times.